We have fun with what we do, but we also understand the deep responsibility that we have as wedding photographers. Here is our company’s declaration of purpose and values.
1. We will conduct our business in such a fashion that we are always open to what God needs us to do. This means to not acquire any debt that would enslave us. We want to be able to give freely financially, and of our time and talents. We will regularly keep up with our financial records. We will tithe. We will bless when there is an opportunity to. We will keep our office and equipment in good shape so that on a moments notice, we can be ready to go if we are asked to go.
Better is a little with righteousness than great income with injustice. (Proverbs 16:8)
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. (Proverbs 22:7)
For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask more. (Luke 12:48)
2. We believe that we have a unique gift to give to our clients – one that can strengthen a marriage years down the road. We will strive to create photographs that years later will help the couple remember how much they love each other. During good and bad times in our clients’ marriages, we want our photos and albums to be a refuge and mirror of their love for each other.
As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. (1 Peter 4:10)
3. We will strive to be a blessing in each of our professional relationships. Our love for our clients, business, and each other will be zealous.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
4. We will strive to be the best photographers that we can be. Continuing in education, staying ahead with innovations, knowing our equipment, always having backup plans ready, and using competent and friendly over-hire.
Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going. (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
5. We will present ourselves in a stylish and clean manner, be prompt, and do everything we can to bring joy and to be an attentive friend. We believe that our professional and personal behavior is a reflection of our God.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31-32)
6. We will make a conscious effort to daily seek out inspiration in other mediums besides our photography business. This includes, but is not limited to, other art forms, personal photo projects, charity work, films, music, and literature.
For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and godhead; so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:20)